Sunday, August 06, 2006

swooping magpies

Did my long run today. And long run it was! I was going to run for around 2hrs 30min, but went for a bit longer. I always do a 3hr run at least once through any marathon training, & I felt pretty good at 2hr15min so thought I might as well get the 3hr run done.
I ran 37k in 3:01:44 or 4:55 min a km.
I ran pretty slow through the whole run & at the end I put on a bit of pace.

Now in case your wondering where did I go. I started at the entrance, ran to toukley. That took an hour then I turned around & ran back. It rained for most of the way back, but it didn't bother me. It was quite nice to have a bit of rain to cool me down.
When I got back I ran for another 30min towards long jetty along the bike path.
It was there a bloody god damn magpie swooped me!

I was glad when it was over though!

My right knee was good in most of the run but could feel it playing up in other parts.

All in all I was very happy with the run.

Later I went home & crashed out for around 30min.

Did a cycle class in the afternoon. That was really good. Legs felt great after:)
Before cycle I spent close to 40min on the foam roller getting into my leg muscles

I had 2 slices of toast with jam & coffee before run.
Straight after run I had 2 date scones & a bottle of coke. (coke has never tasted so good!)
Lunch was 2 tuna & cheese s'wich's
An hour before cycle I had 2 cape fruit & nut rolls from bakers delight & choc milkshake.
After cycle I ate a pkt of jubes (lollies)
Dinner was a hambuger & chips from the takeaway.
Just finished having a bowl of full fat natural yoghurt & 4 slices of toast with jam

Not much water today.......around 2lt

Another week over.
I ran a total of 131km this week & did 2 cycle classes. Next week I'm going to back off & give my body a chance to recover a bit.

Aslo have the city to surf on Sunday. Good luck to all who is entering

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home