Saturday, August 05, 2006

another race done

I hope you all had a sensational Saturday.....I had a fantastic day!

My day started with a 13.5k trotters run. It was Cromarty Hill. That run comes back along the beach. I started off running easy & slowly caught up to the front runners. Then I paced along & powered up the hill....(I felt pretty good).......I was the first runner back.

At 2:45pm I went in the cross country club 6k at Woy Woy. I felt tired in this. This was a really wet run...the ground was flooded! I did that race in 21:44 & was first in the masters catagory & 8th overall. Those young runners are just way too quick for me!
Last time I did that race was in June & I finished 30sec quicker back then, but that was on a hard solid dry ground. Way different than today. It was heaps harder today!
After the race I did an easy 3.5k run. I also ran 2k before the race as a warmup.

So 13.5k this morning & 11.5k in the afternoon, thats 25k run for today.
No muscle sorness which is fantastic!

Had cup of coffee before morning run.
Had another coffee after run.
At 10:30am I had 4 slices of toast with jam.
On the way to the race I had a powerade
Had 2 banana s'wich's after run
Dinner was home cooked chicken nuggets....(easy dinner) also had a 600ml bottle of coke with that.
Just finished a lt of milo....mmmm yummy

Well tomorrow is my long run day. I was going to run out at Palmdale but I think It will be way too muddy! Anyway wherever I decided to shuffle along it will be around 35k.

I found out yesterday that my old boss & mentor Monty Dortkamp passed away on Tuesday. Those of you in Canberra...(my clients) Most of you knew Monty.
Monty is the reason that I'm in this industry. He helped me get started & if it wasn't for Monty I wouldn't be where I am today. He will be sadly missed.
This makes me think that we should never take what we have for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home