Friday, July 28, 2006

New shoes:)

Had a great day!

Total km ran today was 19.5k
Total km 62.5km so far for the week. Have around 53km to run before the weeks finished

Went for 2 runs & did a cycle.
First run was at 7:25am & I ran 9.5k easy from the gym to east gosford via wells st & back along the entrance rd. Could feel my right shin a a bit tight but other than that felt fantastic.
Second run was the trotters flat 10k which I'm running tomorrow. Did that run around 3:35pm.
Ran quite slow & easy on both those runs. No real muscle soreness.
Was really happy with both runs.
At 5:30pm I did a cycle for 1hr. I was really tired in that. Just wanted to shut my eyes so I did. But even though I was tired I felt quite good:)

Bought some new shoes today. Asics DS Trainers. Did my second run in them. They feel awesome!

Tomorrow I'll do the 10k time trial with the trotters. My goal is sub 37min. Can I do it? OF COURSE!

Sunday am going to do the bay run in Sydney. 7k race. Will also do my long run that day.

That race I did in the hunter wine gardens last Sunday, I came 5th overall & 1st in my age group. There were almost 200 people in the race.
You can check the results from this website. www.huntervalleymarathon.net It was the 10k

Today a scoffed down 4 weetbix for b'fast plus a cup of coffee
Lunch was a fruit salad
Arvo snack had a snickers bar, an apple & an orange juice
Dinner was sweet & sour tuna with rice & 2 glasses of coke
Late snack was 2 slices of organic sourdough toast with organic strawberry jam

Drank 4lt of water. 1.5lt was drank in the cycle class

Have a sensational weekend:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Darren,

Just wanted to let you know that your blog is great.

Thanks for your help this year.

I'm so much stronger on the ski slopes.

Keep up the great work

2:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

10:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

3:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

1:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home