Tuesday, July 18, 2006

not easy stuff!

Well first day of the week for me exercise wise & I did my speed work session.
I woke up all clogged up & the darn voice I had wasn't mine. Not sure where mine was but it came back slowly through out the day.
Now as I was driving to work & I looked at the rain the more I thought about the treadmill. Now I hate the treadmill. I hate the thing with a passion, & since I'm training for the Melbourne marathon whats the chance of it raining? So I SHOULD run outside in the frezzing cold windy rain but bugger it, I'm not making this cloggy thing worse so I did the treadmill thing.
Go to grab the ipod & Dohhh I left the bloody thing at home. Day's going great!

I got on the treadmill just after 8am & ran 12k in around 52min. Now to break the run down I did 1k easy 5:20 (light sweat),
1k hard 3:49 (big sweat),
1k easy 5:01 (feel okish),
2k hard 7:40 (last 500m I'm thinking I wanna go home!),
1k easy 5:12 (starting to get very bored),
3k hard 11:45 (thinking to myself why, why why???),
1k easy 5min something...was kinda too stuffed to push the button on my watch
2k hard 7:36. DONE, DONE, DONE!

So there you go, thats my run for the day.
Around 11:30 I'm feeling pretty good so I have a bit of spare time on my hands so I do a 25min core/balance workout on the swiss ball & the cable machine.
A bit later in the day I got on the foam roller for 15min. Legs getting loose now.

Now for those that want to know what I ate.
B'fast I had 2 slices of toast with some jam & a cup of coffee
About 1hr & 1/2 after my run I had a cappuccino & 2 date scones from the daily grind & some walnuts & almonds
umm lunch was some yoghurt & tuna roll, had a couple of apples later on...so not doing too bad, then on my way home I have 2 snickers bar's.
Dinner I cook up some rice with all these different sauces thrown in it. Drink about 2 glasses of pepsi & thats it.
Oh yeah I drank just over 3.5lt of water for the day.

Well tomorrow's a new day & I'm gonna do an easy run. Mabye 12-15k. Will see how I feel tomorrow:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home