Sunday, July 16, 2006

First long run

Well guys & gals this is my first long run since I did the Goldcoast marathon 2weeks ago, & let me tell you it was pretty darn hard! BUT I DID IT!

Ran 26k in 2:08:18 or 4:56min a km. Put the treadmill on grade 2 & at 12.3kph & that's about the pace I held on average.
Now as far as muscle wise goes all was good untill around 1hr20min when I could feel my ITB getting tight. It was good on the flat but tight on the hills.
Ran from Wamberal through Terrigal up to nth Avoca over to Avoca, all the way to Avoca dve to the entrance rd then to Terrigal dve then back. Thank god for the ipod! Oh yeah did a lap of the haven as well.

Now for a recovery it was a walk in the water along the beach, then a cycle class in the evening....now that was hard!

As you all know I love the foam roller & I spent 20min on that before the class & another 15min after, then later that night got on it again.........PAIN!

So there you go, a very typical Sunday & am looking forward to a sleep in tomorrow.

12 weeks untill the marathon.

Am thinking of entering a 10k race up in the Hunter next Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home