Saturday, July 22, 2006

Totally lost!

I got up just before 6am & was out the door running at 6:15am. Had my voice back & felt pretty damn good:)
Had no idea where I was going, just thought I'd run an easy pace. I'm doing a 10k race out at the hunter valley gardens tomorrow, so I made sure I ran easy today. Ran 16k. 1:17:44.
Also ran another 3k at 11.30am with a client. So ran 19k in total.
I did some loop & thought I was close to the motel when I noticed I'd just gone in circles!
Did most of the run 1/2 asleep. I had a look at my watch thinking I must have been running for 20min & to my shock horror I'd only been going 8min!
It wasn't too cold. 2 deg.I was all rugged up.....tights, long sleeve top, jacket & gloves. The gloves had to come off after 8min.
The weather was perfect running weather.
I was feeling quite buggered after 40min but just plodded along not thinking about much.

Muscles were all good...no worries at all:)

Was a long day...lots of driving. Did 10min of stretching when I got home.

Now food for the day
Bfast was 2 bowls of nutragrain & 2 cups of coffee
Lunch was a pkt of rice crackers, yoghurt & some choc flavoured drink. Munched on kool mints on my way home.
Pulled into macca's for a coffee & dinner was falafal (can't spell!) & pasta, a couple glasses of pepsi.
Drank just over 2lt of water for the day.

Looking forward to the race tomorrow......not really I'm just saying that to get myself motivated!
Think it will be quite hard.

Hope you all had a magic day & stay tuned tomorrow & I'll tell you how I went in the race

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Darren. Thanks heaps for today.
Good luck tomorrow.

Cheers mate
John

9:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

7:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home