Thursday, July 20, 2006

Darn dogs!

First thing I notice when I woke up was my clogged up head was not so clogged up!

Now I hear alot of people say "I don't have time" I could've used that excuse quite easily today.

With a 7am start & not getting home until 7pm I could've quite easy not done a darn thing.
Instead I was lucky enough to have 1hr & 10min spare at 8am. So thats when I went for my run.

Ran 11k. Wanted to do 15k but was short on time. Took 53:18.
Ran hard up all the hills & ran easy down them.
Started at the gym to Terrigal dve, up to Serpentine, down Hastings all the way to Willoughby rd, chucked a right to Terrigal dve, then ran back.
Not an easy run. Felt sluggish until I got to Serpentine then started to feel good.
Who the bloody hell decided to make Hastings road so bloody steep?
Now all was going pretty good then I'm grinding my way up Hastings & there they were! 2 dogs at the top of the hill just waiting for me to get closer. I'm thinking...labrador, should be ok, but the other thing...mmmm looks like some kind of red healer. Then fenced up these other 2 little yap yaps started going barking mad! Now labrador starts barking then red follows. I start fearing then think nope I'm gonna show em who's boss.
I'm getting closer & their getting louder. Then when I'm like 20m away I sprinted at em. Then they just stopped. Red took off & Labrador just sat there saying pat me...so I did & I was off on my merry way, but my heart rate was pounding. After that I thought the rest of the run would be a breeze.
On Terrigal drive the traffic was banked up so I thought I'd race the cars. That made it alot easier to take my mind off the hills on Terrigal dve.

Muscles were great, no pain. (thats a good sign!)

Did 15min stretching & relaxing when I got home.

Ok diet not good today!
Bfast 2 slices of toast with jam + cup of coffee
Lunch had to be quick. (I had 10min between 1:05 & 1:15 to get a bite to eat), so a very quick sprint to bakers delight & 4 date scones later I was rockin & rollin!
Dinner was pasta again & a yoghurt.
Only drank around 2.5lt of water.

Tomorrow's an easy run day.
I'll have to run that in the arvo & to make it really interesing I'll have to do it in Canberra. It's gonna be COLD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home