Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Crazy stuff...am I normal?

A really hard run today! Felt tired, had energy was just tired. Finished work late yesterday.
Think I was tired from the strength workout yesterday. I always feel sore muscles 2 days after doing weights so tomorrow will be interesting.
Went for 2 runs. First one was just after 8am. Just ran for 15min then ran back. Went around 6k from the gym along the entrance rd towards gosford then turned around & ran back.

With the second run I was bloody tired & just wanted to sit in a coffee shop & relax, but I said I'm going to do this so off I went. I had to keep telling myself I can do this!. Second run at 1:15pm & 14k. The gym along the entrance rd to ocean view dr to terrigal dr then back. Now this was one hell of a hard workout. I did a 10min warmup then I was in hell!
Did 1min hard, 1min easy, 2min hard, 1min easy, 3min hard, 1min easy, 4min hard, 1min easy, 5min hard, 1min easy, 6min hard, 1min easy, 7min hard. After that I was sooooo buggered I somehow managed to slowly run back to the gym.
Did that 14k in just over 1:02.
Could feel a niggle in my left hamstring after the 7min hard.

Had an hour to recover before my next client, so I grabed the foam roller & collapsed on the floor. Got the roller into my hamstring & 20min I wandered up to Erina fair to get food & a coffee.
It took 2hours after the run until I started to feel normal.

For food I had 3 slices of toast with honey & cup coffee.
After the first run, well 80min after I had 2 cheese & bacon rolls.
After the second run I went to bakers delight & got 3 cape fruit & nut rolls, also had 1 can coke then 2hrs later was craving sugar so got a pkt of snakes.
On my way home from work around 8:30pm I had a banana & an apple
Dinner was some filo pastry filled with ricotta cheese & sun dried tomatoes.

This is going to be a hard week. Always is the second week.

Well today is complete & ran 20k in total.
I'm looking at the bed as it's calling my name!
Will get up around 6am & be running around 6:15am for an easy run.
Where? Will just put the shoes on & see where I end up:)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home