Saturday, July 29, 2006

Sub 37min 10k

Ok I did it! Ran the trotters 10k flat in 36:50. Average 3:41 a km. Knew I could do it.
Some of the km splits
1st k: 3:39 - felt darn good, coming 5th
2nd k: 3:38 - Muscles feeling good, starting to sweat, coming 3rd
3rd k: 3:42 - Feel ok but am wondering if I can hold on, have some hills just ahead
4th k: 3:47 - Gone up a slight hill & am still feeling good, just know I need to back off slightly
5th & 6th k: - Missed the splits on these two k's. On my way back, still coming 3rd
7th k: - 3:45 - Really feeling buggered but know I can hold this pace. I tell my self. Only 3k's to go
8th k: - 3:52 - 2k to go, I look behind & no sight of any other runner....slow down just a fraction. Still coming 3rd. Legs tired & can feel the brain shaking in my head on every step!
9th & 10th k:-Missed the split at 9k but did the last 2k in 7:21
Finished the race in 36:50 & came 3rd overall.

I did a 2k warmup & a 3K warmdown so 15k in total ran for today.

Now all day I've had some pain in my right shin.
Looked up the muscle & it's called extensor digitorum longus. Found some trigger points in there. Also glutes have some trigger points. Have spent quite a bit of time on the foam roller.

Today I ate
1 slice of toast with honey & cup coffee before run
2 slices toast with honey for b'fast
2 steak s'wich for lunch. & 2 glasses of coke. S'wich was home made not from a takeaway
Apple & walnut scroll from bakers delight for snack
Large bowl pasta with tomato based sauce for dinner & 2 glasses of coke

Drank 1.5lt of water for the day. Will drink another 500ml before I go to bed.

Well I'm hoping the leg will be all good.
Am going in the Bay race in Sydney tomorrow. It's 7k, will also do my long run when I get back to the central coast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home