Sunday, July 30, 2006

Another big Sunday

What a great day it was today.

Woke up & my right leg was all good. I slept with a compression bandage on it.
Now today I did a 7.1km race in Sydney, then a long run on the Central coast, then a cycle class in the afternoon.

The race was the bay run in Sydney, starting at 8am. A pretty flat course. I ran that in 25:39 (3:36k) My watch didn't work when I was trying to get my splits.
I know I was at 1k in 3:34,
2k in 7:02, 4k in 14:23.
5k split was 3:31 & at 5k in 17:54,
6k 3:33 for that km & 21:28 for the total time
7.1k 4:10 split & finished in 25:39.
I came 23rd overall & 8th in my age group.

Michael Mirtile from the gym came 95th in 29:36 & Luke Martin from the gym came in 105th in 29:53.
There were 770 people in the race.

I felt fantastic in the race but at 6k I was wishing it was over!
I managed to overtake around 15 people for 6km & im glad to say then no one over took me, except for the first 500m.
I just kept looking at whoever was in front of me & thought to myself....I can catch that guy.....

With the race over we headed back to the coast. I then set out for my long run......yep I might be crazy! But I find doing a long run after a race really helps condition my legs for the marathon.

Now the long run went along ocean view to Avoca to Avoca dr to the Entrance rd to Terrigal dve, then ran along that to Charles Kay & went up that hill, down the senic hwy & back to Ocean View.
I felt so darn good on the whole run. Was tired going up Charles Kay & my feet were really sore at 1:30min of running. I could feel a niggle in my left knee at the top of Charles Kay, but I kept telling myself that I've just done a race & have been running for quite a while.

All in all a magic run! 28.5k in 2:14:10 (4:42k)

Not long after that I did a cycle class & felt good in that. My feet were just sore.

So there you go, what a day! I feel my fitness has come back....wooohoooo!

I ate 2 slices toast with jam, 1 cup coffee & 1 bottle of powerade for b'fast
After race had a coffee
No lunch, just had a pkt of jelly babies & 600ml bottle of coke between the race & my long run. I didn't want to have much in my tummy before my long run, mainly wanted sugar for instant energy.
Between the long run & cycle I had 3 date scones & 1 choc milkshake.
Dinner was a massive bowl of organic pasta with organic pasta sauce. I also threw a heap of organic ricotta cheese in there....mmmm...yummy!
I'm going to have some rasin toast with butter shortly

I must have drank close to 4.5lt of water for the day. I'll have another 500ml to 1lt before I go to bed.

I ran a total of 38k today.
For the week 116.5k of running & 2 cycle classes.

This week coming I'll increase my running slightly & will start to do 30k+ long runs

Another week closer to the big day. Only 10 weeks to go

Hope you all had a great weekend!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!

Awesome stuff

your on fire

Love your blog, keep up the great writing Darren. Your inspiring me to get moving!

11:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home