Sunday, August 20, 2006

great sunny long run!

I'm back!

Last post was Thurs. Since then I did a cycle class first thing Friday. I was in in Canberra Fri night & Sat.

Saturday I went for a 6k run with a client & my knee was all good.
I had a massage in Canberra from John (my old massage therapist) I'll go & see him everytime I'm in Canberra

Today I wasn't sure if I should go for a run or not. It was too great a morning not to go so off I went. Had a really good run. Ran what was an easy pace. Around 45min my knee started to play up, so I played around with my running gait. I noticed that if I run fast there is less pain. If I run down hill slow the pain gets worse........so I decided to put more flexion into my knee. So that means I bring my heel closer to my butt on each running strike. & it worked!

I managed to run a total of 23.5k in 1:52:13 (4:46 a km)
Ran from Wamberal to Terrigal dr up to the road that goes behind Erina Fair to The Entrance rd, back along Terrigal dve. All the way to the haven where I did 1 lap, then did the 10k flat trotters run.
It was such nice weather out there!

Later did a cycle class. Felt great in that. Also spent 30min on the foam roller

Bfast was 2 slices of toast with honey, after run had a english muffin with jam
Lunch was yoghurt & 3 kiwi fruit & 3 apples
Dinner was satay beef with rice & 3 beers

Tomorrow I'll rest from running. Might do a strength workout

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home