Wednesday, August 09, 2006

damn knee!

Frustrating!!!!!

Anyway thats part of life. The problem with this injury is it only gets sore while I'm out running. So how do I know if it's better? I have to go run. If it hurts while I'm running then it's not better. But if I do run & it starts hurting then i haven't really rested it. It's kind of like an ITB injury.

Well I ran on the t'mill this morning. Ran for 15min & it started. I stopped, then later in the day I hopped on the bike & did 30min on that..(very boring!) Then I thought I'll try running again. Was good for about another 15min & again could feel that niggle. No swelling, no pain other than when I'm running...mmm.....well my plan of attack to battle this challenge.....I'll try to run again tomorrow. If it hurts I'll stop. I'll rest it on friday & saturday then see how it goes in the city to surf. Then I'll take next week off running & see how it goes.
If it's good tomorrow I'll run easy friday & saturday then do the city to surf.

I had a massage today & this was all on my right side. Got into my glutes, ITB, side of the calves & quads. Again very bloody painful. Hoping that will help!

Now when I get an injury I kinda get frustrated & eat all sorts of crappy food.
So today I was pretty good:)
B'fast had toast with jam & coffee
Lunch was yoghurt, some choc drink & cheese & tomato toasted s'wich
Later had another coffee & an apple
Dinner was museli....

Drank only 1lt of water....(no wonder I feel dry!)

So thats my day done

Tomorrow I'm off to c'berra. Not for work but for a memorial for Monty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home