Sunday, August 13, 2006

city to surf!!!!

Ok I did it:)
I started in the green bib section & we went on the second gun. First gun was fired around 4-5min earlier.
I crossed the line in 58:29 but when they deduct the time it should be around 55min. I'm hoping it will be sub 55min.
Will have to wait until tuesday to find out.
The gun went & I had a good run down William st & started to get congested from Rushcutters Bay to heartbreak Hill.
I felt ok going up the hill but was stuffed at 10k.
I passed Micheal Mirtile (from gym) & Brian Prosser (gym massage man!) up heartbreak hill. They started on the first gun.
I think I was close to being the first green runner finished.
I gave it a sprint for the finish & crossed the line. I thought I was going to pass out. I kept saying "I need medical attention" but no one could hear me!
Anyway I pulled up alright.

We went down in a bus. Around 20 of us. It was a great trip.

Knee was FANTASTIC!
No pain at all

After we got back we went to Terrigal pub for a couple of drinks.

Now I didn't eat much.
4 slices of toast with jam, cup coffee & bottle powerade for b'fast
After run had some snakes & 2 bottles of powerade.
Had a bowl of chip at terrigal pub for lunch & had a few beers.
Dinner was a pie & had some dimsims

Drank 2.5lt of water

Hope all of you who went in the race had a great race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home