Sunday, September 03, 2006

2 long runs.....WOW! & it's fathers day

Now today wasn't an easy task! I managed to get up at 6:20am...feeling seedy.
Got out to palmdale just after 7am. Meet some of the trotters out there. 6 of us headed off. I was running on my own for the first half of the run then ran back with Adam Jordan.
It's a tough run out there. And with all that poision I had last night and lack of sleep it was tougher than normal!
We finished the run in 2hrs 3min & 19sec. Ran 25k all up.
Knee was good for most of the run but could feel it playing up after 90min...just a light niggle. That lasted for around 15min then it went away.

After the run I drove to Terrigal & got a feed then went home & had a sleep for 90min

Woke up and for some strange reason.....(I can't figure myself out at times) I decided to go for another long run. I thought if I could prefatigue my legs with the first run that would be good training for when I hit 36k in the marathon.

Second run was 21.5k in 1:54:36 (5:19 a km) This was much slower & legs were quite buggered. Ran from Ocean View to Terrigal to nth Avoca beach to Avoca then towards Kincumber, up Kincumber mountain, down the other side to Terrigal & back. Knee was sore in the last 20min but was still ok.

Now to top it all off I went & did a cycle class in the afternoon.

B'fast was 2 slices of toast with jam before run. After run a 600ml bottle of coke then 2 date & walnut scones & choc milkshake. Then had a tuna salad roll
After second run had 2 apples & a banana & another choc milkshake
Dinner had a masive burger & chips

Drank 4.5lt of water

Tomorrow's a rest day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home